Sunday 7 February 2016

Week Four

1) Identify what you personally have completed since last week

After I received the required content from the sponsorship team and the approved logos from Alex I was finally able to begin working on compiling the sponsorship package. At the moment there are still a few tweaks that I am in the process of making, but other than that the package is basically done.

2) How you accomplished those tasks including any resources you used such as tutorials, meeting with group members, meeting with other groups, books, etc.

One of the resources used for this week was meeting up with my group to go over the ideas Alex had for the logos. In addition to meeting up with the other graphic designers, I also met up with the team leader for the sponsorship team to get a better idea of what she wanted the package to look like. Lastly, I used the Adobe program InDesign to create the package.

3) What your team has accomplished in the last week

      As we’re all working on each of our own projects individually, this week we haven’t really accomplished much together as a team. However we have used Facebook, as well as our in-person group meeting, to bounce ideas off of each other, share our work with one another and help anyone that is in need of assistance.

4) The biggest difficulty in the last week

      The biggest difficulty that I’ve had this week was trying to work with the colour palette that was chosen by the art direction team. Personally, I don’t think the colours go well together so the fact that I’m constrained to using them makes creating visually appealing graphic design projects tricky. Furthermore, I don’t understand how the chosen palette relates to the theme of “Breaking Barriers” so I feel like I’m spending far too much extra time experimenting with how to use them appropriately. On top of trying to work with the palette, another difficulty I had was trying to find good pictures from any previous conferences to include in the package, as I found many of the ones I was coming across didn’t meet my criteria.

5) What you personally aim to achieve before next week

I aim to have the sponsorship package completely finalized and approved so that the sponsorship team can start using it to secure sponsors as soon as possible. I would also like to accept and potentially start working on another graphic design request.

No comments:

Post a Comment