Sunday 27 March 2016

Week Eleven

1) Identify what you personally have completed since last week

      In the past week I have been working closely with a few of the members from the EMA Gala Logistics and Planning group to try and finalize the penguin banner and signs that I created for them, however the team leader isn’t a fan of the fonts that were chosen by the Art Direction team so I am currently waiting for her to let me know which fonts she wants to use. I’ve also been in touch with the Sponsorship team leader about the penguin banner and posters that I will be creating for them, but at the moment I am waiting for her to send me the all of the sponsor’s logos before I start designing either of the projects.

2) How you accomplished those tasks including any resources you used such as tutorials, meeting with group members, meeting with other groups, books, etc.

      The resources that I’ve personally used in the last week were meeting up with the other graphic designers, mainly to share what we’ve worked on during the week, as well as meeting up (separately) with members from both the Sponsorship team and the EMA Gala Logistics and Planning team to discuss the various projects that I’m designing for them. Additionally, I continued to use the Adobe design programs InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator when creating the requested projects.

3) What your team has accomplished in the last week

      We’ve continued to communicate with each other online via Facebook and email, but we have yet to accomplish anything together as a team due to the fact that we’re still working away at our own project requests individually.

4) The biggest difficulty in the last week

      The biggest difficulty for myself in the past week was (and still is) trying to find the font(s) that the EMA Gala Logistics and Planning team leader wants to use for the penguin banner, as, like I mentioned earlier, she’s not crazy about the fonts that the Art Direction team chose. While this hasn’t really been too big of a difficulty, it is one that I feel shouldn’t exist; the Art Direction team chose the fonts that they chose for a reason and I have a feeling that they are not going to be happy about someone from another team choosing to use a different font just because they like the way it looks. I’ve tried to explain this to her a couple of times, but she still seems really adamant about using another font or two.

5) What you personally aim to achieve before next week

Before next week I hope to have the EMA penguin banner completely finalized and sent off to the printer. I would also like to receive the sponsor’s logos from the Sponsorship team so that I can begin, and hopefully finish, creating both of their project requests. In addition, I would also like to accept new project requests if there are any available.

No comments:

Post a Comment